Current Employment Opportunities
Director of Development
Rosehedge/Multifaith Works is seeking to hire a Director of Development to lead and collaborate – as a member of the leadership team – the design and implementation of a diversified and comprehensive plan to cultivate support through major and individual gifts, planned giving, corporate and foundation funding, and special events. This position provides leadership to the development team in a dynamic, fast-paced, and team-oriented environment. This position works in close relationship with the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, and Chair of the Development Committee, and builds effective relationships with the larger team.
The ideal candidate for the Director of Development will demonstrate a passionate interest in creating and leading development efforts. She/he will demonstrate initiative, creativity, energy, leadership, and a passion for HIV/AIDS care, housing, and supportive services. She/he will have a working knowledge of all areas within fund development, and be able to demonstrate success in these areas, especially in building, developing, and maintaining strong relationships with major donors and supporters. The candidate must think and work well as part of a collaborative, integrated team to accomplish goals, and should be able to anticipate problems and develop practical, positive solutions.
- Design and execute individual donor cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, and communication strategy and plans; partner with Executive Director, Board of Directors, and others to successfully implement the plan to grow individual giving efforts
- Cultivate, maintain, and deepen relationships with existing portfolio of funders/supporters
- Lead cultivation and stewardship activities including face-to-face solicitation meetings and cultivation and solicitation events
- Oversee relationships with foundations and corporate funders and prospects
Community Outreach and Special Events
- Manage and oversee all fundraising event processes
- Take the lead in obtaining corporate sponsorship for events
- Identify community events for organization visibility and ensure the organization has a positive presence at community events such as Gay Pride and the AIDS Walk
Marketing and Communications
- Develop a strategic marketing plan to build the organization’s presence and reputation
- Write and update compelling narrative for all communications and development documents
- Design and execute direct mail campaigns
- Design and execute email direct marketing campaigns
- Oversee the design and maintenance of agency brochures, website, and online presence
- Press releases
- Create and manage annual development work plan in accordance with agency financial goals
- Create and manage annual development department budget and goals
- Manage and ensure the accurate maintenance of records and donor information in the donor database and produce monthly reports and other reports as requested
- Monitor effectiveness and analyze results of all fundraising strategies and programs
- Ensure timely recognition of gifts/grants and acknowledge funders as required on all materials
- Track all current funding sources and maintain/implement a calendar delineating reporting requirements and corresponding deadlines
- Manage and oversee workplace giving programs
- Work in collaboration with the Chair of the Development Committee to lead monthly development meetings
- Fully participate as a member of the leadership team, attending board meetings as needed and participating in all staff meetings, trainings, and retreats.
- Supervise members of the development team
- Other duties as assigned
- Self-starter with at least three to five years of successful experience in the non-profit development field
- A proven and demonstrated level of success in fundraising efforts
- Working knowledge of all areas within fund development
- Strategic thinker with excellent research, writing, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated familiarity with budgets and the budget-development process
- Experience with event planning on limited budgets, ability to manage volunteers and staff during events
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including excellent public speaking skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage multiple assignments
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Willingness to make a minimum of a two year commitment to Rosehedge/Multifaith Works
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Familiarity with relational databases – especially Salesforce
- Experience working with non-profit community-based organizations and knowledge of affordable housing or community development
- Knowledge and experience relating to HIV/AIDS and Housing
- Knowledge and experience relating to the GLBTQ community
- Some knowledge of or experience with faith communities
Compensation and Benefits
Position is exempt, .8 FTE to start, with an annual salary of $48,000-50,000+ DOE
Benefits include medical, dental, vision; 403(b); basic life, LTD and AD&D insurance. Paid vacation, sick and personal days
How to Apply
Submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references
In your cover letter, please answer the following questions:
- From reviewing our website (www.rosehedge.org), especially our mission and services offered, what interests you in working at Rosehedge/Multifaith Works?
- From your personal and professional background, how will you contribute to the mission of our organization?
Submit application materials to:
Lauren Simonds, Executive Director
Resident Care Assistant
POSITION CLOSES: Open Until Filled
POSITIONS: Fulltime or Per-Diem
REPORTS TO: House Manager
- Assist with preparation and serving of meals and snacks
- Assist residents residents with laundry needs
- Assist residents with transportation arrangements
- Ensure safety in each resident room and around facility every shift
- Encourage resident autonomy whenever possible
- Provide personal and professional care to residents including, but not limited to, treatments and services
- Complete all nurse-delegated as outlined by the nurse delegator
- Implement resident behavior, nursing and negotiated care plans as outlined for each specific resident
- Continuous monitoring of resident medical and mental status, behavioural changes and report to nursing as appropriate
- Assist residents with ADLs as needed including bathing, dressing, et al.
- Provide medication assistance to residents as outlined by agency protocol
- Report any resident crisis to nurse manager or on-call nurse immediately
- Provide complete report at the end of every shift to the next Resident Care Assistant
- Respond to all agency phone calls and emails in a timely fashion
- Provide constructive feedback to nurse manager on house functionality
- Provide complete documentation after every shift on each resident, including resident's vital signs, medical/mental changes
- Facility disinfection and sanitation every shift
- Clean living areas, including garbage and recycling as needed
- Report any equipment malfunctions or facility repairs to nurse manager
- Must be a state-tested CNA
- Be self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision
- Have empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail, and impaired
- Understand, or be willing to learn, about HIV/AIDS from both a medical and social services perspective
- Have a commitment to working with diverse populations
- Have a commitment to confidentiality
- Experience working with mental health issues and chemical dependency perferred
- Ability to work cooperatively to generate ideas as a team member and have the motivation to implement ideas independently as an individual
- Willingness to make a minimum of one-year commitment to Rosehedge/Multifaith Works
- Bilingual persons encouraged to apply
Phone calls not accepted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
In your cover letter, please answer the following questions:
- From reviewing our website (www.rosehedge.org), especially our Mission and services offered, what interests you in working at Rosehedge/Multifaith Works?
- What are your experiences working with diverse populations, with people with a mental health diagnosis, and with people with addiction?
- From your personal and professional background, how will you contribute to the residential community in our houses?
- Position preference?
To apply, please email or fax your cover letter and resume to:
Rosehedge/Multifaith Works seeks to recruit the best-qualified people for its staff. In doing so, it will afford equal opportunity for employment, training, promotion, and compensation to all persons without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, religion, HIV status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, veterans' or military status, or any other status protected by applicable federal state, or local law. Rosehedge/Multifaith Works complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in the workplace.
Women, LGBTIQ identified, and people of color are encouraged to apply.